- One PhD position (ESR5) for the BioInspireSensing project. Follow the links below for more information:
- Two PhD positions within an NWO project.
- The project investigates the working mechanism of an ABC transporter involved in cell volume regulation, using high-resolution cryo-electron microscopy, single-molecule fluorescence and biochemical assays, and develop methods to study protein networks in synthetic membrane systems.
- Have a look at the attached file for more information. (ABC.pdf)
- Two PhD positions within a bigger NWO consortium on enzyme motions.
- Project 1 (supervised by Dirk Slotboom and Marco Fraaije) investigates the in vitro diffusion of purified enzymes in the presence and absence of catalysis using various experimental methods (TIRF microscopy, mass photometry), and through monitoring the occurrence of the reaction.
- Project 3 (supervised by Bert Poolman) determines condition-dependent cytoplasmic diffusivity of macromolecules, for which fluorescence recovery after photobleaching, single-molecule tracking and super-resolution imaging will be used, with the aim of assessing the correlation between the mobility and the cellular Gibbs energy dissipation rates.
- Have a look here (https://tinyurl.com/
PhDpositions) for more information.
We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic members whose research interests are strongly aligned with ours. Please send a CV, cover letter, and contact information for three references to us.
Click here to see open projects for bachelor/masters students.